quarta-feira, 18 de junho de 2008

Bangalore, here I am

So here I am. :)
And I think you deserve a detailed report! So many things to tell though!
Status: CALM. Finally I have TIME. Don't remember the last time, and it feels great.
So, step by step:
1 - DEPARTURE FROM LISBON
Departure was a difficult beginning. First, as I had been packing during dawn, didn't exactly get there early. Early enough, though, had the things gonne smoothly as usually.
They didn't. First, I couldn't even pay for the 3,5 extra kg I had carried in my big bag - had to take coats and books out of it and carry them with me, mostly stuck to my backpack, as an authentic traveller - but that was obviously ok! But then the code locker in my brand new cabine roller bag didn't open, and they almost made me stay at x-ray control, as they wanted me to open it! But then they let me pass. Summary: caught the flight in the last minute! :) But did.
2 - LONDON
All fine. Tried numbers 0 to 200 (included the code I know I had chosen for the bag) and none worked :P.
3 - FLIGHT TO BANGALORE
The 9 hour flight to London went by fast, and started with a one hour delay in London as President Bush had just landed. But then it almost seemed like a 5 star hotel. From the imense choice of channels, movies, contents, music, in the individual touch-screen to the gourmet meal and the nice comfort for sleeping... Nevertheless, I slept few as I met a nice Lady from Bangalore with whom I spoke for many hours. Meanwhile, I watched a movie that I totally recommend and which decribes fine my mood and spirit at the moment: seize the day! take your opportunities! Find it, it's called: *The Bucket List*, it was recently at the movie theatres.
4 - BANGALORE, HERE I AM
Arriving at Bangalore 1 day after, all ok too. Took a bus to city centre that took an hour. Seemed no time as I was amazed at everything around me, turning my head to one side and the other though as if it was a tenis game! I wanted to absorve it all. Have pics! Will upload them ASAP. And the driving! Oh my God! Dangerous! The bus honked and went in S's, and literally pressed other vehicles apart.
Yash went to pick me up at Leela Palace, a luxurious hotel where I waited, packed and tired of not sleeping for 2 nights, but comfortable in my chair with a view.
Then the indian experience started...
But about all the challenges that I lived in the next 35 hours... I'll have to tell you later as duty calls. I'm planning a trip to Pondicherry with my house-mates! :)
Kisses and saudades of You all!
***************************

6 comentários:

Heidi na Montanha disse...

Estou aqui a acompanhar e à espera de novidades fresquinhas.
Estou entusiasmada com a tua aventura... :)

Beijinho!!

Patrícia Correia disse...

Ó chica por mais estranho que pareça sinto-te ainda mais longe...fico muito orgulhosa pela coragem que tens e segura de que virás uma mulher diferente :)

Beijo enorme
Tixa

BLOG disse...
Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.
Anônimo disse...

Rá, amiga, linda!
Fazes-me falta por aqui. A tua presença, o teu sorriso, os teus mimos... E como é que eu vou conseguir sobreviver sem ti? Eras a única que cantava comigo (e não se importava com as minhas desafinações), que ria às gargalhadas, que me entendia só com o olhar.

Buáaaaaa

P.S. Pode não parecer, mas estou muito feliz por ti!

Anônimo disse...

Força prima, vou continuar a aparecer por aqui para saber mais das tuas aventuras.

Beijinho grande
Catarina e o resto da famelga cá de casa.

Anônimo disse...

Oi Raquel

Estamos com saudades
Quando é que voltas?

Bjos
Zé Fontes