quarta-feira, 30 de julho de 2008

A Fresh-View: Ashvasan welcomes a new trainee

At the moment I am preparing a Newsletter to be issued by one of the Associations that I work for (first one mentioned below). Today I'm sharing the article I was requested to write as an introduction of myself, to be included in that publication.

For those of you who are wondering where I am working, I send the links below, promising to give some details on the work I am developing soon:
"Greetings to all Ashvasan members and friends!
My name is Raquel Lemos, I am 25 years-old and I come from Lisbon in Portugal.

I arrived in India in June 17th 2008 and joined Lalita Ubhayaker Foundation for the Arts on the 1st of July, for a 6 months internship from which I expect great results.
Back in Portugal, I finished my 1st university degree in Communication & Culture in 2006 and since then I’ve been working as an Event and Communication Manager at the biggest private bank in the country.
Having initiated my career path, I still didn’t want to give up studying, so for one year I was studying Image, Protocol and Event Management, and just before coming to Bangalore I finished an Executive Masters in Business Administration.
Parallel to this, my lifetime passions remain being Arts, Cultural Diversity and Traveling. Actually, since the age of 16, the scope of my work has been Dance and Fitness as a teacher, performer and producer, with my most favorite hobby being summer traveling and making Friends a little bit all over the world.
Also, for many years now, I’ve been wanting to volunteer and for the first time in my life really understand the meaning of learning by giving (and not solely by absorbing).
Thus, based also in my past experience, but wanting to learn every day more, it is with all my heart, will and commitment that I hope to be able to give a contribution worthy of the wholehearted commendable work developed by Ashvasan, Smriti Nandan Cultural Centre and Devnandan Ubhayaker Yuva Sangeet Utsav.
It was with great pleasure that I met and just started working with part of the Ashvasan Family. I feel part of It myself already and I am thankful for that.
I am looking forward to meeting you all."

Nenhum comentário: