quinta-feira, 31 de julho de 2008

An insight of Life and the Potential of Humankind


I have been visiting the Slums where the foundation I work for offers a daily meal, to supervise on the justice of the distribution of the food and ensure that it reaches our target.
I come out of there with the ultimate confirmation of the blessing in my life, and again more grateful for it.
I feel bigger as I feel smaller. I feel more conscient: of what I am/ have, about what there is that is effectively essencial to life...
My bear-feet on their floor, the contrasts hit me, I suffer in comparison, but I manage to come out of there peaceful as I see at least there there's something being done. And wherever else it is feazable.
Somehow I feel serene also (is that posible? serene as in confident of human potential! = capacity for adaptation, reaction, relation, kind giving, humble acceptance, survival, community strength - does it make any sense?)...
... Confident as in the middle of the greatest lack of everything, SMILES and HUMANITY aren't missing in any of their faces. Also for this I feel deep respect for these people that I greet back with Nasmaskar and wholehearted smiles.
CHILDREN IN THE SLUMS ARE HAPPY, they're more alive in their eyes and smiles than any I have ever seen in my mostly european/ touristic aproach to travels... They play with me and they compliment the beauty of my name.
People respond to smiles, greetings and eye connection.
Humanity works. No need to speak the same language. We already speak the same language.
You see, if we take the right look the world couldn't be simpler.
Again, I don't know how to put into words how thankfull I am for the fact that LIFE is giving me never-ending oportunities of appreciating its ESSENCE and simplicity.

2 comentários:

Anônimo disse...

Namastê :-)

anAdi (marijó)

Mari disse...

Oi Raquel!!! Adorei seu sensível texto cheio de emoção. Amei....bjks